Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Ecuador! (or avoiding altitude sickness)

I'm in Ecuador this week visiting a friend and looking around to see if it is a place that we may want to come to in the future. After a bit of a delay in Panama, I finally arrived just before midnight on Monday. I slept lightly. I had a fairly easy day today (Tuesday), which is good since I spent most of it trying to adjust to the high altitude. I cannot recall being so high (10,000ft)...that is about twice as high as Denver, CO! Well, by  the end of the day, I am feeling much better...no more headache. This is good since the real adventure begins early Wednesday morning as we leave for a smaller town called Shell. My understanding of the trip is this - it is a four hour bus ride, not exactly sure where we are staying yet, I am the designated translator (ha!), we will return to Quito the next day.

...we will just have to see what actually happens...

Enjoy!
Taylor
P.S. - I am unable to upload pictures at this time, but if I have time to figure it out, I will.

No comments: