Tuesday, April 17, 2012

After market day :)


Looking at the mix of familiar and not so familiar fruits and vegetables on my counter, I thought it would be worth explaining a few.

Besides the obvious red cabbage, banana, kiwi, carrots, tomato, green and red peppers, cilantro, lemons and oranges (though both the lemons and oranges are green in color...gets the kids every time. :)

is the tomate de arbol (or tree tomato): used for either salsa or fruit juice depending on what is added,
yuca, (white root used as a starch in soup, etc.),
granadilla, (see previous post),
and naranjilla, the little orange things with stems in the front of the bowl- used for fruit juice.

I would not have picked the mustard color accents my kitchen came with, (see tile sample :P) so I am decorating with vegetables. :)

No comments: