Monday, June 4, 2012

My Office Space

Though it was not in "the plan" when we decided to move to Puyo, I again, have set up my office "away from home". The adequate house that we rent has a small apartment nicely separated by a small courtyard...why the landlady agreed to rent it to us for free, I am still not quite sure yet. That separate apartment was going to be my office. It has its own bathroom and shower and it is nicely sized at about 10' x 20'. As things sometimes go in Latin America, we had a dilemma in our plans. The best ISP comes via phone line (DSL-equivalent), but when I went to the phone company they informed me that there were no more numbers available for our street...no phone number = no internet.

So, praise the Lord, He helped me find an office building that had some office space available. I am on the 3rd floor, with doctors' offices below me. The office building was already equipped with internet, so after purchasing a desk, I quickly set myself up and have been working satisfactorily since coming to Puyo. The building is 4 blocks away from the house and takes me between 2-5 minutes...depending on how many times I stop to talk or enjoy the atmosphere.

I mention all this and reemphasize that working away from my house was not my desire, but then my wife reminded me that I do seem to enjoy having an office "in town". The walk to work, smelling the delicious aromas of late breakfast and lunch cooking, the various commotions that proceed on the street, and most importantly the contacts that I make along the way; all these come together to make my "office" more dynamic than if I were working out of the house.

Enjoy!
Taylor

P.S. - I have already made several invaluable contacts as a direct result of my office space. Thank you Lord for knowing my needs.

No comments: