Monday, December 3, 2012

15 Days! or In The Lord's Time

In a recent e-mail to a friend, I was informing him that I would not be able to make it to his Bible conference in California at the end of December as I had hoped; he nicely responded that we would see each other in the "Lord's time". So that is what I have to say here too.

We DID get our new visas approved. The visa office finally accepted our Passports to stamp the new visa in, but they told me that I would have to wait 15 days before coming back to pick them up. I lightly harassed the nice lady about taking 15 days to put a stamp that has already been approved in my books. She simply smiled back, shrugged her shoulders and responded with "15 days".

At 15 days from now, ticket prices for coming to the States are nearly $2,000! Additionally, I have to be back in Puyo for our busy month at work on January 8th...this would cut our visit to Texas short. Finally, there may still be some more paperwork that we have to do after the visas are back in hand (resident ID cards must be issued, etc.).

So, all this is to say that we do not plan to return to Texas for another 3 months. While we are a bit disappointed, we are also excited to see what the Lord has planned for us in these next 3 months. Also, this seems to have put the nail in the coffin, so to speak, for "grandma's" to come see us. Alesha's mother is coming on December 6th and my mother is considering coming sometime in January.

We look forward to seeing you in the Lord's time.
Enjoy!
TaylorH

No comments: